Recent Gifts and Grants
Foundation supporters provide essential gifts for key initiatives at Southwestern.
Texas United Methodist College Association $67,883 February 2014
- The Texas United Methodist College Association gave $67,883 for the Southwestern Fund for Scholarships. This distribution from TUMCA increases the organization’s total commitment to $109,248 for the year.
Newby Memorial Student Loan Fund $19,150 January 2014
- A gift of $19,150 was received in support of the Newby Memorial Student Loan Fund.
Husch Blackwell, LLP $10,000 January 2014
- The firm of Husch Blackwell, LLP sent its first $10,000 pledge payment toward a $50,000 pledge to honor alumnus and Trustee, Bob Dupuy.
The M.D. Anderson Foundation $50,000 December 2013
- The M.D. Anderson Foundation granted $50,000 to the new science center.
The McCombs Foundation $305,000 December 2013
- The McCombs Foundation made pledge payments toward current commitments: $50,000 to the football program, $250,00 to the Thinking Ahead Campaign, and $5,000 to the Schrum Paideia Fund.
The Hatton W. Sumners Foundation $80,000 December 2013
- The Hatton W. Sumners Foundation granted $80,000 for the Sumners Scholarship program.
- An alumnus in San Antonio contributed $50,000 to the J. Charles Merrill Peace and Justice Endowed Scholarship. February 2014
- An alumna in Fort Worth gave appreciated securities valued at approximately $100,000 for the Southwestern Fund for Scholarships. February 2014
- An alumnus from Houston contributed $20,000 toward a $100,000 pledge to the Coach Jim Mallon Baseball Field House. February 2014
- A friend of President Burger’s made a pledge payment of $25,000 toward a $100,000 commitment to Southwestern. January 2014
- Parents of a current student issued a challenge to other parents in December and offered to add $200 to each new gift from current parents. The challenge raised over $70,000 and attracted gifts from 292 parents. December 2013
- A current parent from New York contributed $10,000 to the Southwestern Fund. December 2013
- An alumni couple, one of whom is also a trustee, from Houston made their initial $25,000 pledge payment toward their total pledge of $100,000 to the new science center. December 2013
- An alumni couple in Colorado gave $10,000 to the Rundell-Bell Endowed Scholarship fund and $750 to the Jesse Purdy Endowed Fund. December 2013