Want to walk across the stage, or walk the plank? Items marked with an asterisk are required to graduate; the rest are highly suggested. Deadlines are in bold.
Submit your Application for Diploma*
- December Graduates: October 4, 2016
- May & Summer Graduates: February 3, 2017
Subscribe to the Class of 2017 Calendar
This calendar will automatically be added to your Google Calendars and provide you with information and reminders about Class of 2017 events, deadlines and more.
Sign your scholarship thank you note
This may not apply to all students. For questions contact Susan Stubbs.
A $20 late fee will be applied to orders made after the deadline.
Reserve tickets to Commencement (Spring 2017)
Commencement tickets will only be issued upon clearance from the Business Office and Registrar’s Office. Be sure to pay any outstanding fees and fines as well as complete all paperwork.
Complete online exit counseling for your student loans.
This may not apply to all students. You will receive a mailing regarding this process in May, after graduation. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
Contact the Business Office*
- To make sure your financial affairs are in order and learn of next steps so that your loan repayment is seamless and successful.
- To be sure that all library fines, traffic tickets, discipline fines, student health services charges, etc. are paid.
Sign the Cullen Tower
Tower Day dates and times TBD
- Southwestern Rings can be ordered by contacting Balfour at 866-225-3687. The Ring Ceremony will be held on February 25.
- Place your order by December 30, 2016 in order to participate in the Ring Ceremony.
- Balfour will be on campus in the Bishops Lounge on Nov. 3-5, 2016 to take ring orders.
Visit Career Services
- Full calendar of events
- To Fill out the Post-Graduate Survey
Attend Grad Fair (Tuesday, Feb. 28)
Reserve tickets to Commencement
Order your cap & gown
Order your graduation announcements
Provide your contact information to The Association of Southwestern University Alumni
Attend the Ring Ceremony (Saturday, February 25)
- The Ring Ceremony will take place on Saturday, February 25. Ring must be purchased by TBD to participate.
- Balfour to take orders on Nov. 3-5, 2016, Bishops Lounge
- Your Class Delegate
- Your Class Agent
- Young Alumni Board of Trustee
- Student Commencement Speaker
Save/transfer all items from your Moodle and Google accounts
Migrate to your alumni email address
Beginning in late April 2017
Prepare for post-graduate life