For Current Students
Free tutoring hours - Spring 2013
Tutoría gratis (free tutoring) de español en el LLC (Olin 126):
martes a jueves (Tuesday-Thursday), 7:00-10:00 pm
- Los martes - Christina
- Los miércoles - Priscila
- Los jueves - Priscila
- Transfer of Credit - information on transfer of credit for Spanish
- Pre-departure transfer of credit form - information to bring to your meeting with the Spanish department chair concerning your study abroad program.
- Language Learning Center - information on on-line exams and assessments
- Office of Intercultural Learning - information on study abroad
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) - contact faculty advisor Professor Angeles Rodríguez Cadena or student president Katy Hayden for information.
- New Curriculum: Major - information on how the new curriculum changes the major requirements.
- New Curriculum: Minor - information on how the new curriculum changes the minor requirements.
- Word reference - includes many discussion forums
- La Real Academia Española - El diccionario oficial de la Real Academia Española: español/español
- Jergas de habla hispana - dictionary of slang in the Spanish-speaking world
- Spanish Language and Culture - a great site with many interactive activities and songs
- Study Spanish - grammar explanations and activities, along with vocabulary and pronunciation activities
- Gramática y Ortografía
- Stanford University Language Resources Page - includes many links to search engines, radio and television, etc.
- BBC Spanish language learning resources
News in Spanish
Research Paper Assistance
- MLA 2009 Formatting and Style Guide
- RefWorks - a web-based citation management tool that offers a way to collect, store, and manage reference information, research notes, and documents. The service works with your word processor to mangage in-text citations and to build bibliographies in nearly any format (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.). Everything you collect - notes, quotations, file attachments - becomes part of a searchable database which you can reach into whenever you want to add a citation to your paper or create a bibliography for it.
Spanish Special Characters
On a Macintosh
[á] =”option” + “e” and “a”
[é] =”option” + “e” and “e”
[í] =”option” + “e” and “i”
[ó] =”option” + “e” and “o”
[ú] =”option” + “e” and “u”
[ñ] =”option” + “n” and “n”
[¡] =”option” + “1”
[¿] =” shift” + “option” + “?”
Note: For the vowels and the [ñ], press the option key and the first letter together. Release them both. Then type the second letter.
On a PC
[á] = “alt” + “0225”
[é] = “alt” + “0233”
[í] = “alt” + “0237”
[ó] = “alt” + “0243”
[ú] = “alt” + “0250”
[ñ] = “alt” + “0241”
[¡] = “alt” + “0161”
[¿] = “alt” “0191”
Note: Hold down the alt key as you type in the numbers. Then release the alt key.
Online tests are here.