The Music Department requires an audition for all students who wish to pursue the music major at Southwestern. A prospective student’s audition serves both as an admission and a scholarship audition.
Students who are not admitted into the major program on the basis of the audition are welcome to participate in all activities of the Music Department for which they qualify; if they still wish to pursue the major they may re-audition for the Department after they begin their studies at Southwestern. Please also note that admission into the major program does not guarantee a music scholarship.
For detailed repertoire requirements for music auditions, please see the page on music scholarships.
Spring Audition Dates (for enrollment in Fall 2013)
- Saturday - Sunday, January 26 - 27, 2013
- Vocal/piano/guitar auditions will take place on Sat. Jan. 26
- Woodwind/brass/string/percussion auditions will take place on Sun. Jan. 27
- Saturday - Sunday, February 23 - 24, 2013
- Woodwind/brass/string/percussion auditions will take place on Sat. Feb. 23
- Vocal/piano/guitar auditions will take place on Sun. Feb. 24
To schedule an audition and to receive a scholarship application, please email Allison Fannin, Fine Arts Secretary, email@example.com or call the Sarofim School of Fine Arts at 512-863-1504.
Prospective students who cannot appear on the scheduled dates listed above may request an individual audition; however, this cannot be guaranteed. Factors taken into consideration include, but are not limited to, Southwestern’s academic calendar, availability of faculty on a particular date, and whether a student wishes to audition as a major or non-major. Also, some performance areas are only heard by recorded audition: please see the page on music scholarships for more information.