About the Department
The Music Department has the following goals:
1. Provide a BA in Music program with a balanced music curriculum for students with strong interests in music who also wish to pursue a broad liberal arts education.
2. Provide a BMus program that develops performance skills through rigorous preparation of high-quality solo, chamber and large ensemble literature.
3. Provide a BMus program that prepares music education students to teach in elementary and secondary schools.
4. Develop strong, discipline-centric writing skills in all Music majors.
5. Provide opportunities for non-Music majors to gain experience in musical study and practice.