Editing/Canceling an Event
1. From your Dashboard on the Home Page (Quick Search box), do an event search and find the event you want to edit. (knowing exact event name really helps but any major word from the event name should help you find your event.)
2. Click on “Name” (of event) in the left column. This takes you to the details of the event.
3. To “Cancel” the event change “Event State” to Cancelled. Give it a few seconds to process. Event State will change to cancelled.
4. Important – Select “More Actions” tab; select “Email Event Details” and then select “Scheduler” and “Anyone with Assignment Tasks” so the scheduler and resources departments know you cancelled your event.
5. To “Edit” Choose “Edit this Event” tab which is tan with blue letters.
6. You are now in the original Event Wizard request and can change any elements of the request you want.
Note 1: You can go to the specific wizard page you want to edit by clicking on the page name in the “Event Details” box on the left side of the page. Please be aware that editing will require you to re-enter location with layout choice and resources and their quantities. Please check to make sure these are included in your edited event. (A program “bug” makes these steps necessary; hopefully the bug will be fixed soon.)
SAVE and proceed to the last page of the Event Wizard. This will take you to the “Successfully Saved” page which allows you to send emails. Select tan button that says “Email”.
7. Here you select the “Related Recipients” who are a part of organizing, supporting or scheduling this event. Always select “Anyone with Assignment Tasks” if audiovisual or physical plant set up is/was needed for your event. Note that you can send “Additional Recipients” messages by adding their email addresses. You can also include a message. This is a good idea if you are changing a request made by someone else.
8. After hitting send, you will be back to the “Successfully Saved” page. Close the window with the red X in the upper right corner.
9. Editing an event generates tasks for resources departments and location schedulers. Canceling an event does NOT. Please be sure to send emails to all supporting departments when editing and canceling events.