So, you may not have started off as a Pirate, but you still have a chance to come on board. As you already know, it’s just as important (if not more so!) to find an institution that is a good fit for your next educational step. Within the Transfer pages, you’ll find a wealth of information on the admission process, financing options and opportunities to visit. Let’s start with the basics…
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TRANSFERS:
- Application Check List
- Degree Plans and Majors
- Transferable Coursework
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Veteran Information
- Admitted Transfer: Next Steps
- Deposited Transfer: Next Steps
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- ACADEMIC RECORD
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION w/ ESSAY is required of all candidates.
- SAT I or ACT standardized test results are required by Southwestern to be considered for admission, without prescribed minimum levels.
- RECOMMENDATIONS from employers, high school teachers or parents are optional, although recommended.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES are reviewed to assess what a candidate has accomplished outside of the classroom, noting leadership positions held, breadth of experience and sustained interest in individual activities.
- The PERSONAL INTERVIEW is an option which allows a candidate to learn more about Southwestern and to discuss elements of his or her application file with a member of the admission staff.