Transfer Application Info & Deadlines
Southwestern evaluates all candidates in a comprehensive way using multiple factors to reach our admission decisions. Interested students should complete and submit an application by the posted deadlines.
Fall Deadline: Apply on or before April 1 for priority fall semester application and scholarship consideration. After this date, applications will be accepted on a space-available basis until July 1.
Spring Deadline: Apply on or before October 1 for priority spring semester application and scholarship consideration. After this date, applications will be accepted on a space-available basis until November 15.
Note: All applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance of printed deadlines; the suggested dates are our best estimate of space availability in the class, but without guarantee.
Choose one of the transfer applications below. There is no application fee. The transfer application is used for admission and merit scholarship reviews. We do not require application supplements.
- Application for Transfer Students: www.applytexas.org
- Common Application for Transfer Students: www.commonapp.org
If you submitted an application to Southwestern when you were in high school, you can reactivate that application by filling out and submitting the Application Reactivation Form.
Checklist of required Documents
In order to complete your transfer application to Southwestern, submit the following required documents:
- Personal Essay: This requirement is met if you submit an essay with your online application.
- Official College Transcripts: From all colleges attended. Copies are not sufficient.
- College Official’s Report (PDF): Filled out by someone at current or most recent college attended.
- Official High School Transcript or GED Certificate: Copies are not sufficient.
- Official SAT/ACT Scores: From testing agency or high school transcript. Copies are not sufficient.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- Official Translated High School and College Transcripts
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Scores: These can be submitted in place of SAT or ACT scores.
- Bank Verification Statement
- Certification of Finances (PDF): With supporting documents.
Interview with Member of the Southwestern Admission Staff
CHECKLIST OF optional DOCUMENTS
You may also wish to complete the following information, although it is not a required part of the admission process:
- FAFSA: If you are intending to apply for need-based financial aid.
- Parent/Guardian Recommendation (PDF)
- Instructor/Professor Recommendation
- Interview with Member of the Southwestern University Admission Staff
Mid-Term Progress Report
How to submit DOCUMENTS
1. Official college and high school transcripts can be submitted electronically through TREx, eSCRIP-SAFE, The National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Service, etc.
2. Official bank documents, transcripts, test scores, essays, the college official’s report or recommendation letters can be mailed to the following address:
Office of Admission
P.O. Box 770
Georgetown, TX 78627
3. Documents such as recommendation letters, essays, mid-term reports and the College Official’s Report can be faxed to 512-863-9601, or e-mailed directly to Scott Sandoval, Director of Transfer Recruitment.