You’re In! Now What? Here are some things to know about your next steps as you consider your college options and make plans for the fall. If you can’t find the information you are looking for here, we encourage you to get in touch with your Admission Counselor, as they are here to help you navigate the final steps of your enrollment process.
We invite you to join the Class of 2017 Facebook group to start connecting with current SU Students and your fellow classmates.
- If qualified, you should receive your Merit Scholarship letter in the mail with your Admission Packet.
- Need-based financial aid will be based on information you provide through the FAFSA. You can request your FAFSA PIN, and fill out the 2013-2014 FAFSA form.
- To find more tips and information, please refer to the Financial Aid Office web site on how to Apply for Financial Aid.
- Once you receive information from Financial Aid by mail, review all the information carefully.
- Have Questions? Feel free to call us (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.) at 800-252-3166. We will also have extended hours (5 p.m. to 8 p.m. CST) on Wednesday, March 20 and Wednesday, April 3.
Your Final Decision
We want to hear from you. Please visit the My Decision Page and let us know your Fall plans. You also have the opportunity to pay your enrollment deposit online. May 1 is the National Candidate Reply Date.
Your enrollment deposit is the first step in allowing you to apply for housing, register for classes, and submit your preferences for First-Year Seminar. Please see below for more information regarding enrolling at SU.
Once you submit your Enrollment Deposit:
Housing, Meal Plans, and Health Record
- Explore your Residential Options with these student guided and produced First-Year Residence Hall videos
- Fill out your Housing Application
- When it comes to eating on campus, you have options! Review the Meal Plan options for students
- Fill out the Health Record form and submit by date indicated on the form. Please review this form carefully, and note that all students must complete a physical prior to arriving to campus this fall.
Attend a Sprog Day!
It’s a Pirate’s Life for you…get started on your pirate training by attending one of our Sprog Days! Come take care of the “nuts & bolts” of enrolling and register for classes during one of our Sprog Days.
Before attending a Sprog Day event, be sure to go online and submit the Language Placement Test.
Students who are not able to attend a Sprog Day event will receive information in the mail in June regarding online registration for the Fall. Other Helpful Information about Registration, Transfer/AP/IB Credit, and Course Offerings can be found on our Registrar’s Office page.
First-Year Seminar (FYS) or Advanced Entry Seminar (AES)
Deadline May 17, 2013
First-Year Seminar Summaries for 2013. Now that the Enrollment date has passed, the Office of the Provost will assign First-Year Seminars on the basis of availability. You will be notified by mail of your FYS assignment.
- Information on the Advanced Entry Seminars for Transfers
- Information on Living Learning Communities
Remember to Submit Final Transcripts, Test Scores, AP & IB Scores prior to moving to campus.
More information regarding our 2013 Orientation for new students will be available soon! Save the date: August 16-25,2013!