Academic Calendar & Other Schedules
The Records Office is responsible for the Academic Calendar as well as other calendars (schedules) related to the academic operations of the University.
- Academic Calendar 2016-2017 (APPROVED)
- Academic Calendar 2017-2018 (APPROVED)
- Academic Calendar 2018-2019 (TENTATIVE)
CHANGE OF SCHEDULE CALENDAR — Fall 2017
- Last day to add via WebAdvisor: Wed., Aug. 30
- Last day to add: Wed., Sept. 6
- Last day to drop via WebAdvisor: Wed., Sept. 6
- After Thurs., Sept. 7, drops require instructor and adviser signatures on a drop card.
- Last day to drop without record, or to change to/from PDF: Mon., Oct. 2
- Last day to drop courses: Mon., Nov. 6
- Last day of classes: Fri., Dec. 8
Exam (finals) schedule — Fall 2017
Spring 2018 Registration:
- Seniors (90+ EARNED* credits): Oct. 23 - Oct. 25
- Fall Sport Athletes: Oct. 24 - Oct. 26
- Juniors (60+ EARNED* credits): Oct. 26 - Oct. 30
- Sophomores (30+ EARNED* credits): Oct. 30 - Nov. 1
- First-Years and students with fewer than 30 credits: Nov. 1 - Nov. 3
- Open Add/Drops begin: Nov. 6
*”EARNED” credits means credits already on your Southwestern record. EARNED credits do NOT included credits in the current semester.