Disability Disclosure Form
Southwestern University, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, recognizes that students who have diagnosed disabilities including specific learning, physical, or psychological disabilities, are entitled to an equal opportunity to benefit from the educational programs of the University and that reasonable accommodations may be necessary to provide that opportunity to students with disabilities.
The Center for Academic Success coordinates services for students with disabilities. Students wishing to request accommodations from Southwestern University should follow the steps below. All information about a student’s disability is considered to be confidential and will remain within the office of the Assistant Director of Academic Success (Jennifer Smull).
- Complete this electronic form (or return the PDF version of the Disability Disclosure Form to the Center for Academic Success, Attn: Jennifer Smull.
- Provide documentation from a qualified professional that describes the functional impact/limitations that result from the disability. Information on acceptable documentation is available here or by contacting Jennifer Smull (email@example.com).
- Set up a meeting to discuss potential accommodations within the first two weeks of class by contacting Jennifer Smull. Contact information for Jennifer is at the bottom of this form.
- If it is your first visit, complete the intake form and mail it in or bring it with you to your first appointment.
- Required fields are designated with an asterisk.